We believe that each person is uniquely called by God to serve as Christ’s hands and feet in the world. As a church we strive to be a good neighbor both in this community, and to our neighbors around the world.
There are many ways to connect with purpose and live out our discipleship in action. Mission opportunities range from “get up and go” service with neighbors right down the street, to week-long trips to serve with neighbors in other parts of the world. There is a way for every person to get involved!
Bellaire Elementary is seeking Lunch Buddies and Tutors to spend time with elementary students on a weekly basis. The schedule is flexible and can be as little as 30 minutes per week. Library helpers are also needed. For volunteer application, please click below or contact Matt Ybanez!
It is through mission outreach that we exemplify the spirit of Christian love to those in our own local community and around the world.
FUMC Hurst has formed Sacred Partnerships with a number of organizations. We encourage you to be a part of one or more of these important missions.
We know there are tons of ways to live out our discipleship-in our homes, in our church, in our community and in our world. Below are some of the ways you can be a disciple in action!
- Mission Central is always in need of certain items. Lists are available at the welcome center or visit www.missioncentralmetroplex.org
- Adopt-A-School mentors and tutors are needed always. Meet with a student for only 30 minutes a week or month.
- Buy some extra school supplies to donate to our Adopt-A-Schools (in August and January).
- Respond to an open CarePortal request.
- Fill up a purple thanksgiving bag or two for our Thanksgiving turkeys (November only).
- Volunteer to be a fill-in worker with Habitat for Humanity.
- Become a trained Emergency Response Team volunteer with UMCOR.
- Join our backpack feeding ministry team.
If you'd like information on any of these opportunities, please contact Rev. Matt Ybanez.
We are forming a medical team to travel to Panama from July 10-18, 2021. We are still in need of doctors, nurses, and a pharmacist. More information available soon. If you are interested in participating in this opportunity, please email Rev. Matt Ybanez.