In the video below, Rev. Philip Rhodes shares important information about giving commitments for 2021 as well as information about the financial state of First United Methodist Church of Hurst. Please take the time to watch.
Message from Rev. Philip Rhodes about 2021 Giving and 2020 Finances
We are asking members and friends of FUMC Hurst to continue their 2020 giving commitments into 2021. The Staff Parish Relations Committee, the Finance Committee and other leadership teams have agreed that due to the circumstances of the pandemic this year, a big stewardship focus doesn’t seem like the right thing to do. 2020 has been difficult for many and we still don’t know what 2021 will bring.
2021 Commitment Process
- If you are able to continue your 2020 commitment into 2021, there is no action required. There will be no pledge cards involved and our Business Manager will take care of rolling your commitment into 2021.
- If you need/want to modify your existing giving commitment OR make a new giving commitment, please click the "Make My 2021 Commitment" button below.
- Please call the church office at 817.282.7384 if you need assistance.
(Information from Business Manager, Lori Friend’s report to the Administrative Board):
- Giving has tracked pretty evenly with 2019, with a decrease in overall giving due to no Easter Offering, in-person plate offerings or communion rail offering.
- At the end of the third quarter:
- Giving - $1,761,970
- Total income - $1,902,877
- Expenses - $1,865,303
- Net income - $37,574
- There are still fixed costs (example: maintenance and staff), but operating expenses are $71,000 less than 2019.
HAVE YOU MADE YOUR 2021 COMMITMENT?
Use the button below to revise/change your giving commitment for 2021 OR to make a new giving commitment in 2021.
Thank you for your continued generosity in these unprecedented times.
“We are experiencing all kinds of trouble, but we aren’t crushed. We are confused, but we aren’t depressed. We are harassed, but we aren’t abandoned. We are knocked down, but we aren’t knocked out. We always carry Jesus; death around in our bodies so that Jesus’ life can also be seen in our bodies.” (2 Corinthians 4:8-10)
If you have any questions, you can call the church office Monday – Friday at 817.282.7384.
If you would like information about how to start, cancel, or change a recurring payment, please download Resources/Recurring Payment Information. If you have additional questions, please contact Lori Friend, Business Manager at or 817.282.7384 ext. 12.