We have all missed worshiping together in our Sanctuary and we are excited to see one another in person again! The Re-Opening Team has established what, we believe, to be a safe plan to return to in-person worship. Our Board of Trustees has approved this plan.
Nursery for children three and under is now available. Sunday school for children and youth and Children's Chapel will not meet for the immediate future. Adult Sunday school and small groups are meeting online and are welcome to meet outside (up to 50 people).
While we feel we have a good plan, we encourage those who are at risk and/or not comfortable yet with large gatherings to please feel free to stay home and worship with us online at 11 a.m. We continue to keep an eye on the epidemic numbers in our area and believe we can move forward with this next phase of re-opening.
We Covenant Together
Our top priority is keeping worshipers and staff safe and healthy to the best of our ability. This starts with each of us covenanting together that we will do our part to make this happen. While many have been vaccinated, many others have not, and so we will continue to follow safety protocols. This includes:
- Wearing a mask that covers both nose and mouth. Masks are required to enter the building for ages 3 and up. If you forget yours, we have some extras.
- Remaining six feet apart from anyone we did not come with.
- And most importantly, staying home if you have been in contact with a person with a confirmed or presumed diagnosis of COVID-19 or have any of the symptoms in the past 14 days.
What to Expect
- High touch surfaces in the Sanctuary (including pews) and throughout the building have been disinfected and will be throughout the day. There are a number of touchless hand sanitizing stations available. However, please treat it as you would any public space.
- When you arrive, there will be two marked entrances near the Fellowship Hall as well as the circle drive (assisted parking) door, with someone greeting you at the door. These doors will open 30 minutes before the service. Because seating takes a little longer, if you are able to arrive a little early it is very helpful.
- We do not currently have assisted parking. If you have mobility issues and need a shorter walking distance, you may park along the curb in the circle drive.
- You will be directed to a seat. Once you are seated, we ask you to remain in your space until the service is over.
- The Foyer restrooms will be available.
- There will be a simple bulletin on your seat. Bibles, hymnals, and all pew pocket materials have been removed as they are difficult to sanitize without ruining. You are encouraged to bring your own Bible!
- Research is now showing that light singing behind a mask is safe for congregations maintaining six feet physical distancing. Words to hymns will be printed in the bulletin.
- Offering baskets will not be passed. You can give your offering electronically through the church website or app. Cash and checks will be accepted in the offering boxes as you exit the Narthex.
- Following the service, you will remain in your seats until dismissed. Please place your bulletin in one of the receptacles in the Narthex. Once you are outside, you are welcome to visit with friends, but encouraged to keep your mask on and socially distance as you do.
If you or anyone in your household exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending a worship service, contact Rev. Holly Dittrich, Executive Pastor at , or Lori Friend, Business Manager at so that we can follow appropriate notification procedures. Your name will remain confidential.
Again, we know none of this is ideal, but it also is not forever – just for now! Regardless, God will be worshiped!