Placing your membership with FUMC Hurst affirms your belief in God, your desire to be a faithful disciple of Jesus Christ, and your commitment to the mission and ministry of our church. The covenant we make with God and the Church in placing our membership at FUMC Hurst is five-fold. In taking this step of faith we promise to be faithful with our:
- Prayers - To pray for the ministry of our church.
- Presence - To be present in worship as often as possible.
- Gifts - To contribute financially to the ministry of our church.
- Service - To find a place to serve in ministry through our church.
- Witness - To witness boldly and share God's love with a world hungry for good news.
How to Join
Join First United Methodist Church of Hurst
Are you looking to take that next step in your faith journey? If you have questions about becoming a member, please email for more information.
Transfer of Membership
The church office will handle the paperwork regarding your transfer from another United Methodist Church. We recognize your previous baptism and can also transfer your membership from another denomination.
Profession of Faith and Baptism
Contact the church office at 817-282-7384 to schedule a meeting with a pastor to discuss and set a date for your baptism.
Baptism is God's Word proclaiming God's adoption of us and is our initiation into the Christian faith. If you wish to schedule your child for baptism, you may contact MaDora Ratliff at 817-282-7384 or email .