First United Methodist Church of Hurst is an open community of Christians seeking to live out the unconditional love of God as revealed in Jesus the Christ.
“If we are not involved in a changing, complicated community of people; if we aren’t learning new things all the time; if we aren’t loving and serving other people in some tangible way; if we aren’t asking God every day to draw us close, to help us step over the line, to please use us, then our spirits will [wither].” — Martha Grace Reese
FUMC Hurst offers a number of opportunities for people to connect with God and others through study, spiritual growth, caring and support, and fellowship.
Three Ways to Connect:
- Adult Sunday School Class
- Small Groups
What are Adult Sunday School Classses?
- Classes of adults who meet together each Sunday morning from 9:45-10:45 a.m. for study, prayer and fellowship.
- Classes sizes range from 6-60.
- Some classes are grouped according to age and stage of life; some are intergenerational.
- Some classes study the Bible every week; some study a variety of Christian topics.
What are Small Groups?
- Small Groups are made up of 12-15 people who meet year-round for study, prayer and sharing.
- Each group selects their studies, makes their own schedule and chooses where to meet.
What are Studies?
- Studies are limited in length. Some are short-term (6-8 weeks); some are long-term (28-34 weeks).
- Studies are offered throughout the year.
- Studies focus on a wide variety of topics, including Bible studies, theological studies, Christian living and spiritual growth.
Spring studies will be announced soon.
For more information about Adult Sunday Schools, Small Groups or Studies, please contact Rev. Donna McKee at the church office or email@example.com.